Wednesday, November 9, 2011

3 Months After ACL Surgery

3 months after acl surgery and being able to do single leg jumps from a step! that is really remarkable, it can be done but you must be doing an exceptional job with recovery! 

I don't know the %'s but you must be in the top 10% based on recovery time. Keep it up but don't push too hard and ruin this great recovery.

After my first surgery I thought I was a champ skiing after 4 months but then didn't continue my physio and when I went to play soccer at 8months I tore my ACL again. I don't tell you this to scare you but hopefully motivate you to continue doing the things that you are obviously doing right until you are absolutely 100%. 

Fix it right the first time and with the great start you are having you should be able to recover 100%!

Just curious to know your opinion on my recovery.
I torn my ACL and did some cartilage damage playing a hurling game in July this year and got the ACL operation (hamstring graft) on the 23 Aug last.
Since the operation recovery has been going well, in fact brilliant!
I am well ahead on all stages of recovery. I lost very little/ no muscle from my thigh/calf muscles. It is nearly 11 weeks now and I have I can not only jog but can twist and turn jogging. All done with no pain/ swelling.
In the gym I can leg press over my own weight. Do single leg jumps from a step on the operated leg...etc etc.

Is this common for an ACL recovery to be going this well ?
Do you know of similar examples ?

No comments:

Post a Comment