Monday, March 12, 2012

ACl Reconstruction Fears

If you are afraid of having ACL surgery here is some advice on how to handle ACL reconstruction recovery fears...

 I had an ACL surgery on 2012-02-21. It's been 2 weeks today exactly! Everything has been going quite well for me up until now. The rehab seems like a very long journey though...You must have been through a lot of pain having gone through 2 ACL surgeries. You are brave!
 
 To answer your questions, my  2 biggest fear are the following:
 
1. To re-injure it again. To be honest, I don't want to go through the same thing you did. However, just like you with soccer, I have a burning desire to go back wreslting and jiu jitsu. The sad thing is I know those sporst are very dangerous for the knees. I know I will never be the same because of my injury. I am 28 years old and I never really had any major injury until I tore my ACL. Before that, I had that feeling of being invincible. Now, I might be scared to do many things from now on...
 
2. My other concern is for the screws that were put in my knee to hold my new ligament. I am afraid over time it might wear and cause me some problem...

No comments:

Post a Comment