Sunday, March 18, 2012

ACL Range of Motion Exercises

To start off, I just want to say a big thank you for doing this website.  It has given me all the info i need and confidence with my ACL op.  I had my ACL reconstruction last Monday, so im just up to a week and i have been following your Exercises, and i have seen some good results already!  Are you going to continue uploading the exercises past week 3?  I went to see a physio 4 days after my operation, i have nearly got full extension, and i had 112 degrees flexion, does this sound ok?

Full extension already! That is very impressive. What range of motion exercises have you found the most helpful. 

Regarding the exercises past week 3, unfortunately I intended to upload them but once I returned to work after ACl surgery I didn't really have time. In the future I am looking to make a complete ACL surgery recovery at home exercise program...would you find value in something like this?

Based on your recovery rate so far I can suggest that you see a physio who doesn't do the standard bike, stretch, ultrasound, ice routine...you know the physio where you feel like a meat patty at McDonalds!

Here is a great video of George St Pierre doing some incredible exercises at the 3 month mark. 

 

1 comment:

  1. Great video, having had an acl injury and a martial artist of 30 + years, really interesting to see the latest physio techniques on rehab. Wish they did a whole film on the exercises he did to get the knee back in order from 2-3 months & 6-12 months. But great to see snippets of the work done. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete