Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pain After ACL Surgery

How much pain will I be in after ACL surgery?

Recovering from pain after acl surgery is one of the most common concerns people have with surgery. Here is a question from a reader and the answer I provided is located here

I am a 50 year old woman and I have a complete tear of my ACL, partial tear PCL and a menicus tear.  They will be using  a petella cadvar because of my age.  I will be an outpatient and my husband will be with me the first day.  After that I will be on my own.  I read your blog but cannot tell if you were able to move without assistance on day 2.  My concern is my ability to get myself up from the couch and to the bathroom throughout the day while my husband and son are at work.  Is it possible to do on your own.  I am concerned with the pain upon standing.  I will also have a brace which you did not.  How was your movement on day 2 assisted?  I am a biker and have strong legs but since the accident almost a year ago I have not done much biking.  I did go yesterday for a short distance and my whole leg aches so now I am concerned about my strength in that leg also.  I have obviously lost some muscule.  Please let me know how bad the pain was upon standing the second and for that matter the 3rd day.

No comments:

Post a Comment