Monday, September 5, 2011

Tennis Knee Injury Question

Your ACL Surgery info is a big help-  my surgery is coming up this Thursday.  I almost wish I was in pain now-  feels odd to face major surgery and not be in pain, knowing full well that I’m going to be in a world of hurt post-operation.  Have to say, though, that not playing (tennis)  hurts worse than anything right now.


I didn’t need any prehab -   I’ve continued my upper body weight work,  I have a pilates routine to work on, and I have started swimming.  My surgeon figures it will be 2-3 weeks post surgery before I’ll be able to get in the pool again but I at least wanted to get in a swimming mindset because goodness knows it doesn’t do for me what tennis does.

My response...

I hope you surgery went well and you are recovering without problem.

Obviously you are a pretty driven person(I understand) like me your biggest problem will likely be not pushing too much to get back into your chosen sport of tennis.

Good luck with recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment