Monday, March 11, 2013

Biggest Fear After ACL Surgery

One of my biggest fears of ACL recovery is definitely getting back to full health.  I had surgery on Feb. 15th, 2013 and I am on my way to recovery. I am definitely struggling because I am having a hard time seeing past the present.  I am slowly learning to celebrate the smaller victories as I progress through my recovery and am trying to tell myself that it will get better.  I am quite busy with my job (teaching, coaching) and other things that are taking over a lot of my time, and I am worried that I will not have time to do the physical therapy.  I try to find time to do it, but it is hard to motivate myself after a long day.  I am really trying my best to do my physical therapy work at home.  Similar to you, I tore my ACL playing soccer.  It was in an adult league and it was a non-contact injury where I felt my tibia and femur seemingly go in different directions as I planted. Hurt like madness.  However, I want to be able to play soccer again, but I am giving myself time to get back and be fully healthy.  I don't see myself playing soccer in a competitive adult league until probably this time next year.  I plan on kicking around sooner than that, but not before. I do not want to have to go through this again. Like I said, I'm trying to improve a little bit each and every day so I can celebrate the small victories and not to get too discouraged.

3 comments:

  1. Hello friend,
    Your blog is nice for medical relative services.I like this site. It is one of the best Post from other. I have some information about medical relative services.

    Dr. Pasquale Longordo, Kee Replacement Surgery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your experience on ACL with us! Few are courageous enough to do what you are doing. By the way, here's a quick link which actually might be able to help patients who need knee surgery: http://www.placidway.com/search/Thailand,Knee-Replacement-Total-or-Partial,/search.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is your knee today? Sports injuries are common at any age. It's great to see that you were sticking to your physical therapy routine. Did you have a coach or some one assisting you with your PT? Houston Physicians' Hospital has a team of physical therapists who help our joint replacement patients.

    ReplyDelete