Monday, April 16, 2012

Lose Weight After ACL Surgery

Right now my biggest fear is putting on weight cause i cant exercise. Before surgery my fear was the actual surgery & the pain after it, hadn't had any surgery before. But in reality it wasnt too bad.

That is a very common concern and understandable!

Everyone is different but there are a few things you can do to help minimize/eliminate any weight gain. 

The single biggest tip for me that I learned from my first surgery is to get rid of all bad, easy to snack on food and pre-make some healthy food. I knew that when I was imople around the house I would snack on food and whatever was the closest I would grab. Through out the chips, ice cream, crackers even granola bars and instead keep around carrots, apples other fruit and pre-maid healthy small portioned meals. 

Good luck with the recovery!

Here is where I wrote about how much weight I gained/lost after ACL surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment