Thursday, February 17, 2011

ACL Surgery Recovery Timeline

A question people often ask is regarding the ACL surgery recovery timeline especially in the first week after surgery. For example someone that has just had surgery and is not yet able to move there leg asked me this very question and here was my answer...

The amount of work a surgeon has to do inside a knee during surgery can vary a lot. The first surgery I had took me a lot longer than the second surgery.

I know its tough when you are home and seeing other people online progress at different rates, my first week was easy and I was able to walk at day 5 but other people seemed to have an even quicker recovery.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8tdI-H992A

My advice is follow your recovery protocol as recommended keep icing and keep working on being able to move it. Over time it will come.

The other good news is that the rate of recovery at the start of the recovery does not make a huge difference on how successful the surgery is in terms of leaving you with a stable pain free knee.

No comments:

Post a Comment